Monday 7 July 2014

A hop with a difference

I have been invited to join an international blog hop called “A hop with a difference”. It is my scrapbooking friend Sanna Lippert who asked me. I know a lot of you know her already as she is, and have been, part of a lot of design teams. For those of you who don’t know her you should visit her blog. She is a very talented and ingenious scrapper. I bet there are not one thing you can do within scrapbooking that she has not shown in a tutorial. So if you are looking for inspiration Sanna’s blog is the place to go. :)

My English is not the best, but I will try to answer the questions that follow with the blog hop the best I can.

1. What am I working on right now?

For once I had time to do something else than DT assignments and I did a layout just for fun to show in this post. I took some photos along the way so you could follow the process. You can read more about the process in question 4.

First step was to add water color on a white cardstock.

 
Then I chose patterned papers and did some layering.
 
 
Next step was to stamp with different stamps in different colors, add some washi tape and embellishments. This is a typical layout for me - except for one thing - I have not used black. Here is the final result:
 

And here is a close-up:


2. How long does it take to create a project?

It depends, but I never do any quick layouts. Normally I start with a “thinking period” and when I have an idea the creative process takes approximately 3-6 hours. Most often it is split in two sections. (You can read more about it further down.)

3. What are my fave things I love to create with at the moment?

Watercolor, acrylic paint, mist (for splashes), stamps, washi tape and different embellishments like word stickers, flairs, brads, wood veneers, and any kind of Arrows.

 
4. How does my writing/creating process work?

I almost always create for different challenges. Most often I start by choosing a photo that suits the color scheme or the theme. Thereafter I have my “thinking period” (It can be before I chose the photo as well.) When I start creating I look for suitable patterned papers in my stash and cut them to fit my layering underneath my photo. Sometimes I also chose some embellishments at this stage. After that, I create a background that fits the photo and the layered patterned papers. Most often I use watercolours and acrylic paint. I prefer to let it dry without a heat gun as I think it gives a better result so this is when I go to bed. ;) Next evening I continue stamping, fastening the patterned papers, adding washi tape and fastening the photo. The last thing I do is to find some (more) embellishments and let them finish the design.

5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?

I am hooked by trends and new products and new products are one source of inspiration. Another inspiration is the photos I take (mostly of our daughter) and my passion to document her childhood. The third source of inspiration are all the different challenges that makes it a little bit trickier and more fun.

6. What is my signature style?

I guess you can say that I create bright, happy layouts in a… I don’t know… a modern and simple style with a lot of watercolours and paint? I can’t describe my own, neither someone else’s style but I think it’s boring not to try. ;) At least I can say that I always try to mess it up. I’m not attracted of creating perfect, cute and beautiful layouts. I prefer a tough and non-perfect look.

Here are some close-ups of some of my recent projects:

 
 
Next thing I should do was to send this blog hop on to 2-3 persons. I’m sorry to say that I couldn’t find anyone who had time to do this. Some didn’t answer at all, and those who answered were either at vacation or were on their way on vacation. I guess those who didn’t answer were at vacation as well…

If any of you who read this wants to continue this blog hop and have time to post next Monday, please send me an e-mail! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I have kept me too busy, and I was forced to reduce my pace creative;resulting also in a little less than dedication to my blog and friends;but i truly loved learn more about your creation process. I admire your such dedication in documenting of fun way the childhood of his daughter.

    A Big Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for joining in on this one, Helen! I love your work and the tough and non-perfect style/look! It was really interesting to read thru the answers. See, I am not that patient, it always has to happen at once :)...no drying times over night.... that part I find VEEERY hard :). oh, and I love that beach layout, so subtle and different to the other pages, but still so you! and the recent project closies - GORGEOUS!!! love them!!! xoxox, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great getting more insight into you as a creative person! I totally understand the "thinking period" because that's a huge part of my process too :) You make such wonderful layers and use lots of cool embellishments...I always enjoy seeing your works :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout you created. TFS! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!