Sunday 1 June 2014

Our new lamp

A new month means new challenges! This month I have made so many DT layouts I better start showing them right away. I’m starting out with ARTastic. This month we are inspired by a painting by Max Mannix and the criteria is to use distressing on your work. I used a cardstock made for sanding behind my photo. I also tried to capture the ruff feeling in the painting.



To create the background I first added pink and beige watercolour. After it dried I added black acrylic paint. I know I promised to show some tips and tricks together with my layouts but unfortunately I keep forgetting to take photos along the way. It is like I fly away to another planet when creating and when the layout is finished I land in my scrapbooking room thinking I should have taken photos… Anyway… here are some close ups on the finished layout:

 
The photo shows our daughter with our new lamp on her head. I LOVE that lamp!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a nice day!

3 comments:

  1. Now I have read your post and taken a close look at your photo Helene your page is such fun.
    How lucky were you to have a camera handy to capture this moment of frivolity.
    Your use of colour and embellishments on this layout is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the black with pops of color look awesome! Cute photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also find gorgeous, its new lamps -
    the layout is as usual, very well done! (*,*)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!