Thursday 8 May 2014

Mother and child

This month challenge at ARTastic is about motherhood and flowers. There is also a painting by Robert Hagan to be inspired by. Here is my take on the challenge:


 
And here is the painting:
 
 
My photo shows me and my daughter. She tells me every day that she loves me more than space (lucky me!). I am not allowed to respond with the same words so I answer that I love her more than universe. I wanted to save it to the future so I wrote it in two speech bubbles.

I only had one stamp with a speech bubble but I wanted one on each side. What to do? I stamped it on cardstock, turned it around, held it against a window, draw the mirrored speech bubble with a pencil and filled its lines with a black pen.

On the background I made some flowers using water colors. If you want a tutorial on how to make them you will find one here at ARTastic.

Here is a close up of the flowers:
 

Thanks for looking! I hope you want to join in on the challenge at ARTastic! I am donating a RAK this month. :)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet page! I love your idea of how you reversed the speech bubble... that what you two say to each other is the most precious of all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Helene!
    Love painted stamps, gave a colorful delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!