Thursday 1 August 2013

This year we don't need any umbrellas

(Om du letar efter Allt Om Scraps bloghop klicka här!)
This month at ARTastic you should be inspired by the painting Splash by Alan Louis. You should also use watercolor paints/pencils on your work.
I always use watercolors on my layouts nowadays and I just went on the way I usually do. When finished I noticed that it is not that visible… But it is there… in pink and yellow – I promise!
As we have had a marvelous summer here in Sweden this year with a lot of sunny days and less rain than usual, I thought I should do a layout about that instead of one about rain. The title on my layout is: This year we don’t need any umbrellas. ;)
The inspiration painting:

The umbrellas are from MME's “Find your wings and fly”. I love that line! On the close-ups you can see the pink watercolor. The yellow watercolor is left of the pink geo-tag. ;) The photo is taken at our favorite place to swim. You can actually swim in the waterfall! :)) 


Thanks for looking!! Take care!!!

8 comments:

  1. Ooo super cute page! I just might have to join in this challenge because I love watercolors too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! Love the umbrellas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a clever use of those MME Journal cards Helene. I am so glad that your summer has been wonderful. Over her our winter which is usually dry and warm has been horrid - dripsville that's for sure.
    Enjoy your summer fun!
    Julie ARTastic DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Beautiful Helene!
    I love this cards & photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denne LOen er fantastisk flott. Liker at du har brukt dette herlige sommer bildet og gjort motsatt av inspirasjons kunsten og sier at her trengs det ingen paraplyer. Virkelig vakkert :) så bra at dere har hatt en fin sommer x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of this page Helene - it says so much without a lot of fuss yet still packs a punch. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helene. Love your interpretation of the painting. The embellishments and papers are really nice. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness Helene, what a wonderful page! Love your photo (how cool to swim in a waterfall!) & those gorgeous umbrella cards. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!