Wednesday 3 October 2012

A new friend

There’s a new challenge up at ARTastic! And as usual it’s SO inspirational!! This time the inspiration piece is made by a mixed media artist called Liza Posar and the criteria is handmade flowers. I loved this challenge! Both the inspiration piece and the criteria. Of course I went for doodled and painted flowers! :)
I used a lot of mist, Pan Pastel and acrylic paint on the background. The grass is made with acrylic paint on a template. Some of the flowers are cut out from patterned papers but the three biggest are doodled. They are colored with Neo Color II and acrylic paint. Some of the flowers that I cut out got the same treatment. The leaves are doodled and cut out. The frame around the picture is doodled, cut out and colored with Dylusions Ink.
Here are some close ups:
This was so fun to make that I really recommend you to try it out! Or to create some other kinds of handmade flowers and play along!! You will find a lot of inspiration here by looking at the other DT examples. :)
Thanks for popping by! Take care!

5 comments:

  1. What a Joyful page you have created Helene!The misting and spraying gave you a perfect background for your whymsical and totally delightful flowers which flatter your wonderful photo so well. I have just gotten the Prima paper into my store and so far I am the person who has "bought" the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and adorable LO. Love your home made flowers,they are so cheerful and full of life when they are made in so many different colours and it work so well with the delightful photo
    Så vakkert!!!
    Ha en riktig så flott og kreativ uke :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh,Helene...
    Gosto sempre do resultado das suas páginas!
    A cada dia mais lindos e criativos
    Grande layout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...for some reason I'm not getting my email notifications. I will have to subscribe again! this is beautiful, bright and so much fun! I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, creative, and cheerful page. Your flowers are very clever, an amazing job. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!