Saturday, 30 June 2012

Texture with masking tape

The talented scrapper MiaE is hosting a really fun challenge at Yvonne Yam’s blog Do more with less. (I really recommend Yvonne’s blog for inspiration :).) MiaE also has a tutorial on how to make texture using masking tape! Pop over to see her making the loveliest clouds! The challenge is to make texture on your page using masking tape or washi tape. I used both. This is what I came up with:
I started adding some crinkled masking tape. I then added gesso and acrylic paint. On top of that I added a lot of different washi tapes. I finally added some embellishments. :) The frame and the flower are doodled.
Here’s some close ups:
When I was in the middle of the process I thought it was too much – too much paint, too much washi tape… too much everything. But when it was finished I must say I love its craziness! What do you think? I hope you enjoyed looking!
Have a nice weekend!!!

Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Fun in the sun

This LO is made for Scrap The Girls June challenge. The challenge is easy – you’re just supposed to scrap a picture taken outside – a picture of girls! This is my take on it:
The picture shows DD and her two best friends playing in the pool. They had so much fun in the pool that day and it’s such a sweet memory. I tell you – there are no ways to use that pool that they didn’t try… ;)
The background is made with acrylic paint and some masks. I fuzzy cut the birds from some KaiserCraft Pina Colada papers and doodled the frame.

Thanks for looking!!! And thanks for leaving comments! It really makes my day!!!

Sunday, 17 June 2012

Troll party

This layout is made for June’s challenge at Kraft it up! The challenge is to use 3 different alphas, 3 pictures, 3 or more words in the title, and a masked background.
Here’s my take on it:
I have had this idea to make my own doodled flowers with ProMarkers for a while, and I thought they would go perfectly with these pictures of DD on her way to a troll party. I actually made some for my friend Zima in our kit switch for June too and you can see a totally different (and oh, so beautiful!) way to use them here on her blog :)
I continued on the doodling theme and made a frame around the pictures too. I doodled it on the background paper so you can see the masking through it. When masking the background I used acrylic paint and six different masks! The branches are made with modeling paste to make some texture before adding the green paint.
I used a seventh mask to make these letters… (The three alphas asked for is found at the top of the page).
Thanks for looking!!! I hope you enjoyed it!!! I always enjoy popping over to your blogs!!!

Sunday, 10 June 2012

So delightful?

This picture was taken by DH when DD had picked some flowers in our garden. He thought she looked so cute when she came back with all those flowers in her arms so he ran after the camera. And she does look delightful in this picture.  :) But… in fact she is using one of the peonies as a gun… That’s the reason why I put a question mark in the title. And, as I’m writing in my journaling – that’s the way she is – a lovely mix!
This LO is made for a sketch challenge at Veckans nya skiss #23.

There’s a lot of mixed media on this one. In fact it’s all made of a white cardstock, ink, modeling paste and acrylic paint – except for the background paper from October Afternoon.
Here’s some close ups:

Do I have to mention I had a lot of fun? ;) The funniest part is that you can try whatever you like. If you don’t like the outcome you can probably fix it with another layer of paint. Or you can throw it away because it’s nothing expensive – just a bit of a cardstock and some paint!
Hope you enjoyed this!!! Take care!!

Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Dragonflies at ARTastic!

June challenge is up at ARTastic! It’s all about insects – especially dragonflies. Aren’t they gorgeous shimmering in the sky? I find them inspiring and I chose to make some in different colors with gesso and acrylic paint. This is my DT layout:
This is the painting ‘Dragonfly Upstairs’ by Pro Hart that is the inspiration for June.
I also made some dragonflies with a die and some rhinestones. The background is decorated with Promarkers (the green leaves), ink and acrylic paint. I did a lot of work on the background and it contains a lot of different layers, but it’s not that visible. I don’t know if that’s good or bad… :)

The idea to use washi tape to frame the photo comes from my friend Chantal Vandenberg. (She’s full of fun ideas, by the way. But I guess you already know that ;) ) I love the idea and I’m pretty sure you will see it around here again. ;)
I really hope to see some of you entering the challenge over at ARTastic! Thanks for looking!!!